Mobile App

Cloud Mobile App Development

Cloud Mobile App Development

There are over 6.7 billion smartphone users in the world according to the latest statistics. Add to that some 1.4 billion tablet users. And there’s one thing they all want: apps.

The market is huge, but then so is the offer. How do you stay ahead of the competition and launch an innovative app before anyone else? The answer could lie in cloud computing, which allows you to leverage third-party services. This way you avoid having to deal with them yourself, which significantly cuts development time.

What else do you need to create an app? The answer that comes to mind is expert knowledge of coding, but that’s a thing of the past.

Today, you only need limited programming knowledge to use programs like Low Code Apps that allow you to build an app from scratch in no time.

Cloud Mobile App Development – Advantages

cloud-mobile-app-developmentBuildfire is one of the many mobile app builders out there. A quick look at its main features is enough to let you understand the benefits of using such a builder.

For instance, a cloud-based platform like Buildfire offers you access to 45 pre-built functionalities. Also, the program comes with many templates you can choose from.

One of the best features is that apps built with this program are compatible with both Android and iOS devices.

The time needed to build a basic app is reduced to 20-30 minutes, and it’s all free. Well, you have to pay to launch your app, but that’s true of all other cloud-based mobile app builders.

Cloud Mobile App Development – The Market for Mobile Apps

Statistics show that the average American spends 5 hours a day on their mobile phone. The vast majority of that time, 92%, is spent in an app. The rest of the time is spent on mobile browsers.

Let’s see how many apps people have at their disposal. The easiest way to find out is to look on the store of the two main operating systems for smartphones and tablets, Android from Google and iOS from Apple.

On Google Play Store, there are 2.87 million apps available at the time of writing. That’s almost 1 million more than the apps available for download on the Apple App Store, 1.96 million.
Is this enough to satiate consumers’ needs? Not at all.

The same statistics cited above show that the average smartphone user opens 10 apps every single day and at least 30 every month.

Another interesting aspect is that the average smartphone user opens an app multiple times per day. Almost half of the people queried admitted they opened their favorite app more than 11 times each day.

Millennials are almost obsessive, almost a quarter of them using their favorite app more than 50 times each day. That’s more than twice every single hour.

App developers can only be happy with such numbers, yet such massive use of their products leaves them facing a huge challenge—scalability.

Cloud technology is the perfect solution to this problem as it gives developers the space they need to grow their business and expand the number of features their app offers.

Also, with so many users, app developers receive an incredible amount of feedback. If the end-users clamor for new and improved features, you have to deliver, and, again, cloud computing comes in handy.

Cloud Mobile App Development – Trends

cloud-mobile-app-developmentWith so many apps already on the market, some may wonder whether there’s room for more. Most developers seem to think there is. The driving force behind the expected continuous growth of the app market are businesses only now looking to go digital.

According to a recent survey, 42% of the small businesses in the US already have an app. This leaves us with 58% that don’t. Some 30% of small business owners are already considering getting an app, and the rest will undoubtedly follow suit.

As for the money to be made with mobile apps, we’re talking about $935 billion in revenue by the year 2023.

2023 is just around the corner and you cannot afford to waste time on building an app the traditional way. If you want a share of that money, you’ll have to jump on the cloud-based mobile apps bandwagon and use every tool available to cut development time.

Show More

Apps Developed

Apps Developed provides you with the latest information on app development including mobile app development, web app development and cloud development.